Embellishments



They are often used in scrapbooking, but also super fun to use on cards and to decorate gifts with. And of course you can make them yourself very easily!



As a basis I have cut 12 Framelits circles in 2 sizes from different colors of paper, I used the Flower Studio Light Delight series (FD01, FD02, FD03, FD04). I have the same amount of circles punched out of white Kraft paper and then glued the colored paper on the kraft circles for extra depth and firmness. The circles I glued together.



Then I have torn some strips from an old book and glued them on the circles.
(Tip: Paper that is yellow discolored, like I used form the old book contains lignin, which is a substance from the cell walls of plants, it is removed in papermaking, never use this kind of paper with photos because they can damage you photo’s.



The flowers are cut out of Studio Light paper and out of Papicolor baby pink with Creative Expressions Classic Rose die, I sanded the edges.
The flowers I glued together.


On the flowers I have put some Dutch Doobadoo buttons. On the buttons I have put a layer Mboss Pearl White.
For a playful effect, I have put a bit of yarn on the circles and put some colored yarn through the buttonhole. The floral stack I have put on the circles and the embellishment is ready!


Of course you can use these embellishments yourself, but they are make a fun gift, I have put them on a piece of cardboard, decorated with some stamps and put them in a Joy!Crafts bag. 
Finally I made a giftbag-topper out of a piece of cardboard and Studio Light paper and finished with a text strip, I think this wil be fun to surprise someone with.

Happy crafting!
Gerry van der Velden


Geen opmerkingen